SailNet Community - View Single Post - '69 Bristol
Thread: '69 Bristol
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010

brendangkelly is on a distinguished road
'69 Bristol

Hi, I'm Brendan in Cleveland. I'm 28 and my girlfriend and I bought a 1969 Bristol in October. This is my second boat (her first) and we are excited for the upcoming season. I've been around boats my entire life, but every thing I've learned (not much) I've learned in the past five years. The problem is, I can't find very much info online about this boat. The title says she's a Corsair 24, but as I recall, we measured her LOA at 25 to 26 (the guy I bought it from told me she was 26' as well). I will post pics as soon as I'm able and would appreciate any input.
My last boat (now at the bottom of Lake Erie) was an early 80's Macgregor 22. It was just me in those days so it suited me well, and now that there's two of us, we really think this boat will accommodate us nicely. I am however a little worried about the drag the outboard might create from the engine-well as we haven't really sailed her yet. The wind here last fall was either full gale or dead calm until we pulled her out of the water.

Delighted to join the forum,
Brendan
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook