SailNet Community - View Single Post - Best time to cruise the West coast of Vancouver Island?
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010
Closet Powerboater

MedSailor is on a distinguished road
Best time to cruise the West coast of Vancouver Island?

S/V Fairhaven is gearing up to take a 3 week trip out to the west coast of Vancouver island this summer. I've been out there a couple times on a big powerboat and am eager to get out there sailing. Will be leaving from home in Anacortes and headed to the Broken Group in Barklay Sound and probably up to Uculet and Hot Springs cove.

For those that know the area, how does the last 3 weeks in June sound? Or perhaps the last week of June and first half of July?

Any particular tips for the area, places not to miss, nasty spots to avoid? Trips for coming out the straits and rounding the corner?

Can't wait to be sitting in the springs staring at my boat at anchor, or kayaking around Effingham bay.... So beautiful up there.

MedSailor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have a sauna on my boat, therefore I win.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook