SailNet Community - View Single Post - Howdy - new guy to SailNet
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010
1968 Pearson Wanderer 30

ilikerust is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by poltergeist View Post
Bill, I live in western Henrico, too, and day sail on Swift Creek Reservoir. Sounds like you're eventually thinking Chesapeake, but if you want to quell the jones in the meantime, I'd be happy to have you aboard sometime.

My answer to "what first cheap small simple reliable roomy compact easy to handle fun safe comfortable boat do you recommend" is a Flying Scot. But that's only one of a bunch of reasonable choices. If you'd like to get out some weekend or evening for a Scot introduction, send me a PM.

Kurt
Wow, thanks!

Let me think about it for a little while...

OK, time's up! ABSOLUTELY.

That would be terrific. I'd love to.

Unfortunately, as I am brand-spanking new to this site and have only two posts to my name, it will not allow me to send PMs yet. I'll need five posts to win that privilege. So I can either spew some additional nonsense in a couple more posts to jack up my post count, or you could contact me at w.taggart (AT) verizon (DOT) net and I can give you my phone number.

Thanks VERY much!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
- Mark Twain
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook