SailNet Community - View Single Post - back to intimacy message
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2001

dhartdallas is on a distinguished road
back to intimacy message

Thanks, Wildheart, for your comments. That was sweet. I was married for thirty years to
my first and only, so far, wife. It was a very mutual, extremely civil end and divorce.
It just died over the last few years so we
buried it quietly. Nobody''s fault. We were just two different people thirty years later
from when we met. We are still good friends,
still respect and have concern for each other
and still cooperate for the wellfare of our two daughters and two grandkids. Neither of
us have any regrets, and both would redo the
entire experience even knowing what we know
now. Life is real.

I went to Charleston afterwards and spent two
years living aboard. My brother was there, had retired from the Navy there and we had
never gotten to be together much in our lives
so that gave me time to recover from the sadness, not pain but sadness, of the end of
a long relationship. I lived and worked over
seas for 15 years and that is where I started
sailing. I lived in Peru, Trinidad and Tobago, Scotland, Norway, Libya, Hong Kong and Singapore and sailed in those places (my
daughters were both born in Port of Spain). When my marriage ended, I went back to the only place I knew that would bring surcease.

I''ve been back in Dallas two years now, and am long since ready to get back into life. I
am seriously thinking about going back onto a
boat and doing some cruising.

There are so many people out there looking for each other. It is sad there aren''t better
means for them to find each other. Such a waste of human heart.

Again, thanks for your kind and encouraging remarks. I have no doubt I will find her. It
is my intention.

Regards,

dhd
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook