SailNet Community - View Single Post - back to intimacy message
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2001

Wildheart001 is on a distinguished road
back to intimacy message

dhartdallas: I was sad to hear about your marital parting. Even when it is amicable, it is still stressful and sad. Your situation sounds almost exactly like mine (though I was married for 18 years instead of 30).

I wish that more people could realize that sometimes things change. People change and grow, and unless they change and grow together, they change and grow apart. Often times, it is nobody''s "fault", it just happens. My ex-husband and I are still friends, we have lunch together three or four times a month. He has found someone else and is getting remarried at the end of this year. Guess what? Since I was always the "travel guru" of the family, he has asked me to book their honeymoon trip for them. I have some connections and can save them some money, so I''m happy to do that. I want him to be happy. And, I want to be happy. It IS possible to remain friends after marriage ends.

Life is WAY too short to be fighting and arguing all the time. I just hate it when I see divorced couples treat each other badly. Maybe sometimes it can''t be helped, but once you''ve lived with someone for so many years, you have a history together. So much easier on the mind and body to dwell on the positive, instead of the negative.

I have no children, so this is really a period of "freedom" for me, the first time in my life that I have not had to "answer to" anyone. The initial sadness of our parting has passed, and life is good again.

Well, enough of my soapbox for today.

Wildheart
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook