SailNet Community - View Single Post - Raymarine ST4000+ question ...
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010
Badger Sailor

MSN2Travelers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptKermie View Post
It sounds like you are contradicting yourself in the last paragraph. I have that model on my boat and am quite satisfied with it. I think I bought it in 2006 so it is not that old but it is dis-continued today. It does sometimes drag a bit and you have to flush it with water to keep it from binding from time to time but it is still a good unit. Whenever I power it on it comes up on "Standby" every time. The main control box needs to have power going to it and it then in turn powers the other components. You'll have to hunt through all the cables and make sure everything is connected and then try again.
Kermie, all the instruments at the helm displayed something, when powered up at the distribution panel, except the autopilot control head. I'm trying to find out what the "normal" configuration would be for this autopilot and what to see on the display when power is applied. I don't own the boat so I wasn't about to pull panels at the helm to see if the control head was still connected.
I’m trying to figure out if I’m too stupid to find an on/off switch at the control head or the owner disconnected the control head from the instrument circuit. If normal, on power up, is a is a display that says “standby” then the unit is either disconnected or dead.
`99 Beneteau Oceanis 352, #282 WiTCHCRAFT
Milwaukee, WI
Sailing Lake Michigan and the Great Lakes
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook