SailNet Community - View Single Post - Ahoy from Long Island
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010
A perfect day!

chrissailorman is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Ahoy from Long Island

Hello fellow sailing enthusiasts. I am eagerly awaiting, like probably most of us are, the day for splashdown. I've always said...there are two days every year that I love... the day Blue Hawaii is launched and the mast is up...and the day it is hauled out and the mast is down. I have been sailing since about '92. Started with a Sunfish, graduated to a Chrysler 16, then purchased my first Rhodes, a 1972 Continental 22. I have also owned and sailed, however briefly, a Hobie 14, which I promptly sold after doing an endo after catching a wave with my bow.... Nearly dislocated my shoulder while righting it but didn't give it a second chance to bite. The 22 was sailing enough for me. I sold the 72 in 2000 for a new girl with a Royal Blue hull, a 1986 Rhodes 22 with inner mast furling for the main, roller furling jib, solar chargers for the batteries....what a boat! It is a singlehanded sailors dream. I've sailed Blue Hawaii in the Peconic and the Long Island Sound but I'm headed back to Moriches Bay this year. Can't wait.
Well, blue skies and fair breezes to you all. Have a great sailing season.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook