SailNet Community - View Single Post - Floating Doctors, are they back from their voyage yet?
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010

gtod25 is on a distinguished road
Ok, Now I might be getting a bit annoyed.....

New message on the FD(s) facebook page.

"Help us raise the funds to get the rest of our supplies left in Miami to leave room for our Haiti Load shipped to us! $5 from 1000 people will give us the money to be able to get them without us sailing back to the United States!"

"On Twitter; $5 from a 1000 people will get us the fuel to carry on with our mission and get our supplies to us!"

I thought the reason for having this boat was to get the supplies to where they were needed. Now you are going to ship supplied to next location after Haiti (possibly DR). So why spend two years working on a donated boat, installing a lot of donated equipment and then shipping stores by container. There is a reason why the world no longer moves cargo around in small sailboats!!!!!!!!!

Passed the Southern Wind again today (I was moving a sailboat - great day on the water).

At least the Air Conditioners are working! Please, please cover the sails.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook