SailNet Community - View Single Post - where would i find a manual on my sailboat to learn how to sail her on my own
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010

L124C is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk11blue View Post
i love this boat however i am in a predicament in which i am now alone with my two year old and bills are piling up, the slip is getting to be much and I'm already behind...dont mean to air things out here but i feel as if i have no other choice and also have to do everything on my own with no help. thats life
I was going to ask how it was that you had a boat, and had never sailed it, but I'm starting to get the picture . Hate to break it to you, but it's a terrible time to sell a boat (or almost anything for that matter) Good season, bad economy. If you have to sell it in the near future, I would think now is the time to do it (though I don't know the Florida market). Maybe you could consider taking on a partner with the boat (maybe they'd even know how to sail!), via, Craig's List "Boats" or your local sailing publications (using all the precautions of course).
I'll be surprised if there isn't a crew list in your area. In fact, here is one (I found in a quick search) in Biscayne. Crew Lists
When I mentioned the crew list idea, I didn't realize you were the OP (Original Poster) who had the boat. You could reverse engineer the process. List yourself as a Skipper (in this case, boat owner), who needs crew who know how to sail. This is what I did when I got my first boat. I had extensive Windsurfing experience, and some experience crewing (through Crew List), but needed someone who was confident with a larger boat. Worked really well, in fact, I've had several people crew who teach at local sailing schools! All the respondents had a fair amount of experience or had owned boats of their own. If your boat has an Owners Association (check the Web) it might be very helpful as well.
All the best!

Last edited by L124C; 04-21-2010 at 04:18 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook