SailNet Community - View Single Post - SOLO or DUO TRANSATLANTIC RACES
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010

PCP will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by blt2ski View Post
Paulo,

I do not know the winds around that area much, nor do I have a wind/weather map to look at. BUT, it interesting now that they have all turned slightly south, to see how far apart the boats really are, who is going for what windshift/trade wind or equal.

Marty
IT seems that you are missing half the fun...I mean about following the race. Yes you have a wind map. On the race map, put the map smaller (on the top) then click on the arrows (top) and you will have the wind, in real time.

On the botom of the map, (right) where it says "previsions" you can go forward till a 36 hours prevision. Then you have just to calculate the boat position at that time and you will be able to make a guess about what is the right option for each boat...an then see what they really do. It is fun and you will learn a lot...and see how good this guys are.

Try also what I was saying on the bottom of the last post...and you will see that they have been changing courses all the time, trying to get the better of the weak and variable wind.

Paulo
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook