SailNet Community - View Single Post - Free O Day - How bad is too bad ? ? ?
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010
Banned

nogin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bljones View Post
The cosmetics are the least of your worries. How is the important stuff? The engine, the mast, the boom, the standing rigging, the sails, the wiring, the electronics? Paint is cheap, engines ain't.

BTW, don't even think about pressure washing belowdecks, unless you like the idea of becoming a mildew farmer. Pressure washers have their place, but inside a boat ain't one of them.
I agree however this boat has sat for years neglected and I noticed several uncapped openings and water all inside! No black mold except under the birth cushions. I was thinking of completely gutting the interior then power washing it then blowing it all dry with my back pack heavy duty leaf blower. Kind of ghetto, I know. Just thought that would "clean the slate" so to speak.

No engine, good sails plus one brand new Main Sail never used. Rigging looks good but I need help to check that all out since I am new. A fellow forum member, BarryL, has kind of taken me under his wings and given me great advice and agreed to help me check a boat out and even help sail her home if need be!! Great guy!

Last edited by nogin; 04-22-2010 at 10:40 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook