SailNet Community - View Single Post - Any good places to fill water tanks - Eastern LI Sound?
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010
Master & Commander

BoxedUp is on a distinguished road
I don't want to sound like Chicken Little and everyone has the right to ingest what ever water they wish but....

It's a well known fact that Long Island suffers from a higher incidence rate of cancer's than the rest of NY. Local clustering in breast, lung and colorectal cancer in Long Island, New York

Although public water utilities test their sources better than private wells, you can't disregard the fact that toxic pollutants were introduced into our water system for years before environmental concerns were introduced to stop the practice. The oil companies produced gasoline with MTBE which can never be removed from water and there is a permanently installed monitoring station at a previous gas station that had leaky tanks within 200 yards of our water districts main facility.

I'll stick with the bottled stuff.....

BTW, yesterday was the 40th anniversary of Earth Day and statistics show that our waterways and environment are much cleaner than it was 40 years ago. Keep up the good work everyone!