SailNet Community - View Single Post - North Eastern United States of America.
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010

Mavriikk is on a distinguished road
North Eastern United States of America.

Hello my name is Kyle and i am 25 years old.

I understand that this is predominantly a west coast/Caribbean forum but i cannot believe that there aren't more tales about my home waters. I live in Bristol RI where i rent a home from a bank. I would just like to throw this little blog out there to see our east coast representation.

I live in a place where i can wake up in the morning and walk a block away to the boat club, walk down the dock load up the little dinghy start the motor and buzz out to my mooring and board my boat. (Acrewed Interest - Hunter 25.5)

Options are endless in my little slice of paradise. Cast off Sunday morning and in a 45 minuet sail, arrive and tie up at the Boat House in Tiverton RI( Waterfront dining in Tiverton Rhode Island )for a nice brunch overlooking the Mt Hope bay. Finish brunch there and set sail for an hour or two for the other side of the peninsula and grab a late lunch at the Thames waterside grille in Bristol. Sail back to the mooring just in time for a sunset arrival. Great Day Trip!

For more of an overnight adventure sail down to Newport Friday afternoon and pick up a mooring in the historic harbor for the night. When day breaks or just before set the compass for Block island (weather permitting in my boat! It can kick up out front... your in the ocean now!) Form Newport aboard Acrewed Interest it would be about a 6 hour sail to The Block. You will be taking a power nap upon arrival. Don't sleep too long it's Saturday night on Block Island!!!! When you wake up form you haze throw some breakfast on the table and perk some coffee, your are in the great salt pond Block Island RI take in the sights (great salt pond ri - Google Maps.)

Have you dabbled in golf over the years? Before i started my sailing adventures i was a big golfer. I was a member at a private club since i was a pre-pubescent punk. I came up through the golfing ranks and got pretty good at times. Golf is a game that i love to hate. With that said i still play but my handicap stays right around 14 no more practices for me, just grip it and rip it golf. I only bring up the evil game because here in RI there is a place that you can sail up to and dock, the club will meet you at the dock, grab your clubs put them on the cart and bring you to the course. Pretty cool even if you don't play often...

I also know that sailing in the Elizabethan Islands is epic as well. Just haven't done as much. I need to schedule a longer stretch trip for that one.

Well, that about all for now.
Sail wicked hard!

Last edited by Mavriikk; 04-23-2010 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Add links to locations.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook