SailNet Community - View Single Post - Race crew wanted - San Diego
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010

AlaskaChowd is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to AlaskaChowd
Hi Jim,
Saw your post seeking crew for racing. Here's the bio/resume I have posted at Lats&Atts now, which I'll likely post here on Sailnet shortly:

Greetings! I'm 44 years old, 6'2", 225 pounds, don't smoke. Reasonably intelligent: have a degree from a good college. Fit and athletic: played sports for a living briefly after graduation (now it's running and triathlons). I'm also a licensed extra-class ham radio operator, for what that's worth.
I grew up sailing my Hobie Cat off the beach in front of my home in Massachusetts, then crewed in local yacht club races (on the foredeck though I haven't handled a spinnaker since) during and after college. I also crewed on a couple of November East Coast deliveries at that time too: Maine to Connecticut, Massachusetts to Florida (via offshore and part of the ICW). Breezed through several ASA classes recently and did a four-day trip from San Diego out to Catalina and back -- and was gratified to find out that I still knew what I was doing after having lived for many years in the Rockies and Alaska.
Now I'm taking some time off after a corporate gig and am interested in anything: crewing on a delivery, cruising a bit, racing, whatever. I would especially love to connect on a longer, offshore passage in an effort to get more experience as I resume a life in sailing. I'm available beginning May 3 and can get anywhere on pretty short notice (though given airfares would welcome advance notice).

I live in Solana Beach (just off the 5, by the racetrack) and would love to crew if you're in need (except, naturally, this weekend: I'll be out of town).
Best,
Luke
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook