SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bristol 27 project boat
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010

tugboatdon is on a distinguished road
Hello everyone,
I have been a little busy working on the Bristol so I have not posted anything for a while. I have done a lot more deconstruction than I thought I would have to. I have to replace the forward starboard bulkhead (rotted out at the chainplate), The most forward chainplate knee is rotted, the lower corner of the starboard v-berth is rotted. That is just a few of the issues I am having. On a happier note I started recoring the cabin roof. All of the core was wet. I am using 2 1/2" strips of plywood and West System Epoxy. I am wetting out the plywood and fiberglass and then mixing a batch with silica filler to bond it all. It seems to be strong enough as i have stood on the roof and it is not flexing. I am getting off the tug Thursday and will be at it again. I have both sides of the deck to do next to the cabin. I will not have this even close to finished for this season, but will take more time to do a good job for next year. Once this all starts coming togrther i will post some pictures. Happy sailing Don
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook