SailNet Community - View Single Post - Liferafts! VERY Important Thread for all Cruisers
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by wunhunglo View Post
My obviously useless input must have come from sitting on the couch reading sailing magazines or using Google.

Smack D:
You know my posts from other places... hopefully you can see through my sarcasm on mine in this topic.
Hey - the above works just fine for me!

Seriously WHL, I totally understand the thin-blue-line thing. Trust me. I've dangled from its noose a few times. And it is WAY better than it used to be around here in that regard. Trust me there too.

CD is a great guy. He's the ultimate nice guy who's sacrificed a lot for SN and is now doing what we all dream of. And he's been a shining light around here when things were going to hell in a handbasket. That's why we'll jump to his defense at times. So, take all that with a grain of salt.

I know your posts from SA and I know sarcasm when I see it. Hopefully, people around here can see it too.

More importantly, as has been said by other guys here, including the mods, I for one really value your experience and input and would hate to see the thin-blue-line strangle that input. In my opinion, we definitely need more variety in experience. It helps guys like me, newbs that are crazy about this sport, learn. It was great to see you and Boom come over and keep us up to date on stuff.

So don't pipe down. Let's just all agree to Harden The Freak Up and talk sailing. Anyway I always prefer a good, gentlemanly beatdown to niceties.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Last edited by smackdaddy; 04-26-2010 at 07:27 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook