SailNet Community - View Single Post - The Sailing Gods looked down on us today...
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2006
I don't discuss my member

Location: Under a boat, in a marina, in the San Francisco Bay
Fstbttms will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailormon6
It seems to me there's a whole lot of well-intentioned but not very helpful speculation going on here by people who are trying to analyze the damage by looking at the posted photos. To support their conclusions, they assume that the owners neglected the maintenance of their boat, and that the technicians who worked on it didn't know what they're doing. Now they're debating among themselves the type and manner of fastenings they think were used by the maunfacturer. They want to be helpful, but you just can't do a serious analysis like this over the internet.
To be fair, I don't think LaLeLu came here with this story looking for answers. She seemed quite certain that what she believed to be the circumstances that caused the prop & strut failure were the only possible explanation. But to some of us, that explanation just didn't hold water (no pun intended.) I don't believe anybody accused her of neglecting proper maintenance and if anything, I think our goal here was to simply alert her to the possibility that her assumptions about the incident might not be correct. In that respect I think this discussion has been valuable (although I suspect LaLeLu does not see it that way.)

But you are right, the real answers will lie with qualified technicians who will do hands-on inspections and tests.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook