SailNet Community - View Single Post - Army Hole in Texas
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010
Large Member

mdbee is on a distinguished road
Campbell's guide

A repost from another thread...

Campbells Guide to Cruising Texas is good but it has not been updated since the past few hurricanes. I think they are holding back publishing it until later this year.

Also, don't overlook the "Hook & Line fishing maps". They actually are updated more often than the traditional charts.

These are best to be used along with traditional charts which can be purchased other places or downloaded from Noaa.

Check out "Guide to Cruising Texas / Southern & Central Coast" by Jay & Buffy Corzine. 361/920-2423 He is in Rockport or you can order and he will ship it.
There may be a retail outlet in Corpus as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarr View Post
I have never moored in the slips. They are inside of the breakwater, pretty tight space for a sailboat. You could get in and out off the first slip. I don't know the depth at the slips. I always tie up to the bulkhead. The slips may do, but you will get bashed against the bulkhead in a north wind. I have also read that you can get behind the islands for north wind protection, but have never tried it.

The wild hog kill was a two day event. They had two helicopters, and two ranger on a four wheeler. Last year they killed almost 400 hogs.

If you could find a copy of "Campbell's guide to Cruising Texas", it would give you a lot of info for you trip.

rcarr
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook