SailNet Community - View Single Post - Marinas in northern chesapeake bay
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Shaun is right,,,thats what happens when you taken acid instead of asprin. You forget to take your google earth map out and plot your EXACT milages.

My apology for erring on the exact milage. I should have put it in different terms I guess. It takes us approximently 11/2 hours on most points of sail to achieve the Inner Harbor from our club. If you dont make it in that time...get a faster boat.

White Rocks is exactly 1.48 miles ( according to our C-80 chartplotter waypoints) from MYC. The Key Bridge Left pylon of the center span is 3.56 miles from White Rocks (again by the waympoints I sail). Lighthhouse on the right fork across from Ft McHenry is 3.43 miles and the Inner Harbor Aquarium is 1.82 miles further. Total distance is 10.29 miles. Not exactly 6 miles ( That was Dr Leary speaking through the Purple Haze").

The point was that Rock Creek is a nice central place to sail from. easily accessable to the Bay and other towns, rivers and anchorages on the bay, a little further drive that Eastern Shore but not much. I was trying to give an alternative to the western shore. If I was to stay on the eastern Shore I would pick Rock Hall and Harbor Haven for two reasons. Nice professional marina...nice amenities.Also I take our boat there for repairs especially on our Yanmar. They are the one of the top places on the Bay. Lower labor rates. Certified new Yanmar dealers and have alwayss been more than fair on work done price wise and have always delivered on time ( hard to find). I take by boat there even though we have to do a two car dance every time I do as we libe near Towson/ Whitemarsh and the boat is in Rock Creek).

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook