SailNet Community - View Single Post - Moving Olympia to Alaska via 1967 Bristol 27
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010
ASA and PSIA Instructor

sailingfool will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryancorkrey View Post
lollolwtf. One word, and your off with degrading. Out of the sails one is a Genoa. They are on a furler. do you say "pull furler" or "pull jenny" sorry but hope you can understand my mistake. So can you show me your experience by answering the question at hand? Sorry, but it was one word. Because of that one word you went on the offensive not answering any questions, instead stepping on the guy with lower expirence points.

I purposefully put
“it would be nice to get as much input/tips on the voyage as possible now, rather than telling horror stories later, if there is a later”
For a reason

I then must ask what your idea of “bluewater boat” is because I am aware of your biases, on boat builder’s row you just went into Bristol and commented on some guys thread that he shouldn't waste his time restoring the Bristol. If memory serves me right you also didn't even answer his question.

SEE Atom Voyages

Surveyed 4 months ago, planned ahead. Restored the boat taking everything out to the shell, fiberglass and paint outside and inside. Put a lot of the original layout back in, replaced all thru hulls and retrofitted plumbing, electrical, and now trying to maintain furler.

In December was the last time I was in san juans, she wasn't having any problems in the 14' swells. No I don't have around the world experience, but ever since I was young it was boats sailing or motoring. I know enough to not take the decision lightly, but also know how to ask for help. Thus me asking for help/advice.

p.s. sailingdog, have you sailed the inside passage? If you have then please help. If your just racking on 25 posts a day for respect, then well you aren’t helping anybody. if you have personal experience with Bristol enlightening me.

tones beget tones
Sheesh. look the gift horse right in the mouth...

On the helpful side, absolutely get current paper charts for everywhere in between, sell the GPSes if you need money for paper charts, the charts are more critical to your probability of survival.

You must also have copies for your cruising area of:
2010 Light Lists - USCG Navigation Center
United States Coast Pilot®
Local Notice to Mariners - USCG Navigation Center

good luck.

Last edited by sailingfool; 04-29-2010 at 09:34 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook