SailNet Community - View Single Post - sounds silly, but how do i start my boat
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010

mk11blue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by remetau View Post
I know of a cheap dock in Tarpon Springs and another in Clearwater. You could also move to Marathon in the keys and live on a mooring down here for $300 a month, or at anchor and a dinghy dock pass for $125 month or at anchor for free while parking the dinghy along the roadside.
300$ is WAY OUT OF MY BUDGET,for the keys and that area it sounds like a reasonable price. i do not have any budget for this however. Any nice slip for far less than that, is what is needed. my husband was paying that (now i am) for my poor darling to be OUT OF THE WATER.The only reason that we stayed with this marina is because when we bought the boat, the slip was paid for an additional three months but i would have to say that the marina's sailing community to me seems near to non existent, only the managers and the guys that are completely remodeling were the only ones that were AlWays presant for a nod and a smile.

Clearwater you say, not only does my brother live near there that is truly a beautiful area. pm me please :}

Last edited by mk11blue; 05-01-2010 at 01:33 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook