SailNet Community - View Single Post - Gemini Purchase! Now what?
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010

2Gringos is on a distinguished road
you're not likely to need the dink in those sea conditions, but you would want it available in an emergency.

Another approach would be to modify the davit attachment setup so that it can handle the acceleration and shock loads.

Or have you seen these dink towing things that let the bow trail in the water? The stern end of the dink is held up in the air, but the bow is in the water. that's an interesting approach, if it would work on a Gem.

Folding inflatables would store in an aft cabin. We've got a hobie inflatable tandem kayak that weighs about 60 lbs I am considering in the short term. And a foldboat would store several places on deck. I think part of the problem I am seeing, looking forward to my own application, is this propensity to use RIB's for dinks. Yeah, they are convenient little boats, but they have their drawbacks. Especially on a scaled down cruiser like a Gemini. I am starting to think we will be looking at alternatives to RIBs, although I know it likely we will be getting one as part of a used boat purchase package. Not a huge problem to sell one here (RIB) but what to replace it with....

These discussions are all very apropo to my situation. We have decided on a 105Mc for our own 'home boat' and will be buying one this year. finally! Meanwhile I am looking at all the Gemini related issues I can research.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 2Gringos; 05-01-2010 at 11:27 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook