SailNet Community - View Single Post - Let the painting begin!
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010

eMKay is on a distinguished road
Let the painting begin!

This has been a busy week, I stripped the bottom and boot stripe, faired and barrier coated the keel, barrier coated the rudder, and painted the bottom today, and tried an experiment with the topsides. I painted the transom, no thinner. The paint is Pettit Easypoxy Ocean Blue. I did roll and tip, roll with a thin foam roller, and tip with a very expensive badger brush, and I have brush strokes. Also you can see two different names (sawdust and kathleen) as well as rochester still in there, it's raised in the gelcoat, 30 years of stickers will do that. I guess I have to just cover up with mine. It won't be perfect but they are nearly impossible to sand out. What I have read about this paint is that it's very forgiving and thinning usually isn't necessary. Well either it is or I have to work on my technique. Tomorrow I'm going to sand it, and try again with an experimental pane of glass (got LOTS of those laying around) the brush, thinner, and a foam brush too. Very happy with the color and the gloss though! Could not be happier with the color, pictures don't do it justice. I'm going with the Maine Sail CS36 scheme in case it looks familiar

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Technician, RCR Yachts Buffalo.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook