SailNet Community - View Single Post - Gulf of Mexico oil spill
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010

ROSA is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailhog View Post
Whether you're for or against offshore oil drilling, you have to be appalled by the oil industry's response to this crisis. They are currently designing and welding the sub-surface oil collection dome...

As has been pointed out, accidents happen. Oil rigs sometimes sink. So why didn't BP or Transocean have this contingency set up for this inevitability?
Sailhog, The truth is that these domes, 2 of them already exist and have been there for quite some time before the spill, one is in Port Fourchon, LA. Neither have they tried to use SWEEPER BOOMS, not containment booms. Sweeper Booms suck the oil which they contain from the surface.

My friend has information that the response has been slow on purpose with the whole intent of stopping offshore drilling as unsafe through public opinion. They have already been successful in this attempt with two governors backing off.

While I am opposed to offshore drilling I am not in favor of deception being used for their agenda. There is a lot going on here than the general public will ever know, IMHO.

Last edited by ROSA; 05-04-2010 at 12:53 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook