SailNet Community - View Single Post - What kind of boom is this?
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 04-23-2006 Thread Starter
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 105
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 12
What kind of boom is this?

This winter I purchased an old Irwin 38, 1970. while checking out all the little things you find with a "new" boat I noticed the boom seems to be an old furling boom. There is a bevel gear at the gooseneck to wrap the sail around the boom, there's a bearing at the end so the boom lift and main sheet don't twist.There is another winch fitting by the gooseneck to adj. the clew outhaul. I can't find a brand name or any #s on the boom anywhere. Anybody have any idea about this contraption,or if I,ll ruin my sails wrapping them around the boom instead of flaking them on top?
I took her out this weekend in about 12 Knot breezes, goes like stink!
Thanks in advance for any help, Art.
Artwerke is offline  
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome