SailNet Community - View Single Post - New to the forum
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 05-08-2010 Thread Starter
SCatts

New to the forum

Hey fellow sailors,

I thought it would be good to jump in and introduce myself. I have just started on the SailNet forum. I recently purchased a San Juan 21 for some local trailer sailing. I live south of Portland Oregon and having a boat on a trailer just makes more sense than keeping one in the water. I have owned 4 sailboats over the past 25 years. We started with a San Juan 21, then was boatless for a few years and then bought a Hunter 23 with a wing keel. We were not happy with its sailing abilities so we sold it and with a severe case of 3 foot-itis we purchased a C&C 34 that we kept in south Puget Sound. Alas the three hour drive was more hassle than it was worth for a weekend and most of my time was spent doing repairs so once I had the boat in tip top shape I sold it with promises that I could charter at least once a year. Well that lasted one season and my desire to sail when and where I wanted overcame my good sense and so once again I have a boat in the barn with epoxy and ground out balsa spread throughout my hair, but we should be sailing again soon.
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome