SailNet Community - View Single Post - New to the forum
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2010

SCatts is on a distinguished road
New to the forum

Hey fellow sailors,

I thought it would be good to jump in and introduce myself. I have just started on the SailNet forum. I recently purchased a San Juan 21 for some local trailer sailing. I live south of Portland Oregon and having a boat on a trailer just makes more sense than keeping one in the water. I have owned 4 sailboats over the past 25 years. We started with a San Juan 21, then was boatless for a few years and then bought a Hunter 23 with a wing keel. We were not happy with its sailing abilities so we sold it and with a severe case of 3 foot-itis we purchased a C&C 34 that we kept in south Puget Sound. Alas the three hour drive was more hassle than it was worth for a weekend and most of my time was spent doing repairs so once I had the boat in tip top shape I sold it with promises that I could charter at least once a year. Well that lasted one season and my desire to sail when and where I wanted overcame my good sense and so once again I have a boat in the barn with epoxy and ground out balsa spread throughout my hair, but we should be sailing again soon.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook