SailNet Community - View Single Post - Battery Monitor - recommendations
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010

PalmettoSailor will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog View Post
MLS—

Are you going to have an ACR/DuoCharge/Echocharge unit installed with the new battery monitor? If so, then the SOC of the starting batteries is really not all that necessary to monitor past looking at the voltage on it once in a while. Unless you run the house loads or some other loads off the starting battery, it should stay relatively well charged, since the demands on it are relatively minimal.
SD, The boat has a Newmar 12-45 charger already installed and I intend to keep it.

I actually got the batteries in yesterday and all went well. For some reason, there seems to be a ton of room on my boat compared to pictures I've seen of similar boats. Others have had to cut a notch in the seat to fit 4 GC batteries in the underseat area, but I found mine fit with room to spare. I think the original owner may have modified the box for GC's then the second owner dowsized to the group 31's. Whatever the case, I was able to fit 4 GC batteries with no issues.

Everything seems to be working fine so now we'll see about these Sam's Club batteries.

It did turn out that one ground cable was too short so I had to use a power terminal and a jumper to complete the ciruit. It will make a perfect place to install the shunt for the battery monitor so I'm taking it as a sign that I need to proceed on that.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook