SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hull cleaning/streak removing
View Single Post
post #7 of Old 05-09-2010
DrB

Softscrub

is safe to use on glass cooktops and acrylic surfaces without scratching. It is no more abrasive than a final finishing compound used to polish fiberglass. It also won't make the gel coat porous as gelcoat is already porous. I used it on my boat for 4-years for deck surfaces that are not non-skid with excellent results. It leaves a nice glossy shine it easily removes water/rust/soot stains.

My boat is 31 years old and has the original gelcoat which has never been painted and looks like it came right out the mold. I have had people come to me ask ask me what kind of boat I have. When I tell them it a 1979 Pearson, they go wow!, looks like it's brand new.

If you are worried about using it, try it on a small area first. You can follow it up with A polishing/final finishing compound, like Finesse II to really yield a high gloss.

Softscrub is MUCH better than using a scotchbrite pad to remove stains on gelcoat. Scotchbrite will scratch it.

DrB

If you liked my advice/response, give me some rep points. If you didn't......well what do you expect, it was free.
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome