SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cruising with Children
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraemeInCanada View Post
That spinnaker sailing looks really interesting, here is a link to instructions by the way: How spinnakers work

I'm curious as to how young people bring their children out. I've heard that it's unsafe and a bad idea to bring a baby onboard under the age of 6 months or so. Do babies get sea sick?
Ours never got sea sick. The only time they have gotten sea sick was after many hours in a fairly good sea whiloe sitting in the V-berth down below and reading a book. I would have gotten sick too.

As far as unsafe to bring a baby onboard, why? Heck, it could be argued that it is safer with a baby than a child because a baby stays where you put them. When they are toddlers, they can wander some, but boats are typically pretty baby safe down below. Once they get older, with a strong understanding of do's and don'ts (no different than a house), they are as safe on a boat as most adults.

My opinions.

Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook