SailNet Community - View Single Post - Jessica Watson
Thread: Jessica Watson
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2010

chall03 will become famous soon enough
Bravo Jess. Bravo.

Today my wife and I went down and watched Jessica Watson sail into Sydney Harbour along with literally tens of thousands of other people who felt inspired enough to give up a Saturday to witness and honour the achievement of a 16 year old girl. It was somewhat of a spectacle. There were speeches by our Prime Minister, every TV station in the country covered the homecoming and the harbour was literally packed with boats.

When all is said and done, when the controversy is silent and the bulldust has cleared.....what is left is that she is a remarkable girl who has done a remarkable thing. This is what I think today captured my nations heart, it made us think about the things we could all do and could all be.

I cried today...I absolutely balled my eyes out as I watched this 16 year old girl sail into my beautiful harbour having done what I have not yet had the courage or conviction to attempt in my 30 years of existence.

Bravo Jess. Bravo.

Our Blog: Aussie cruising family

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook