SailNet Community - View Single Post - Jessica Watson
Thread: Jessica Watson
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010

wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw View Post
Now personally I could not give a flying fluck whether she has set any records or not. She did circumnavigate and she did it in fine style.
I totally agree with this.

I seem to remember Tania Aebi having to go through the same stuff after her circumnavigation, people saying that she had not set a record because she gave a friend an 80 mile ride from one island to another during her trip. Who cares. The people who make up these rules probably never even do any significant sailing, and as far as I'm concerned Tania Aebi set a record, and so did Jessica Watson. Whether she gets recognized by one organization or another doesn't even matter to me, she did it her way.

Edit - Moitessier didn't even bother finishing the first non-stop around the world race, he got close to the finish line and just kept on sailing until he got back to Tahiti, but nobody says he didn't do well in that race!

Please support my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by wind_magic; 05-18-2010 at 09:52 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook