SailNet Community - View Single Post - Liveaboard Family Looking for a Miracle
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010
cruising all I can

joethecobbler is on a distinguished road
My family and I also live aboard, er I mean are extended cruisers. we're in Hampton,VA right now and will be heading up the chesapake as soon as weather permits( hopefully in a day or two).
I can relate to the situation of the family in need as we also were affected by the economy an the twists and turns life throws at you.
I was luckier than some as I kind of saw it coming and was able to make adjustments and have actually embraced the all cash no credit existence. And we really appreciate that ,above all else, we are together, doing what many only dream of. for that I feel like a millionaire !!
Of course like all things it's not always easy and you must be quite resourceful, and frugal. but here we are !
I'm very interested to learn if this family is able to accept the boat offer as I would like to meet them and see if there is any way I could assist them in making the repairs the boat will need. As I'm cash poor but rich in boat repair skills in wood,metal,fiberglass,welding,electrical,sail and canvas repair etc. etc.
I also am extremely lucky at finding great used stuff and repairing it for use aboard.
to date I have aquired most of the creature comforts for us, for little or often times for free, just by being able to repair them when they were cast off by more .... ah.... fortunate sailors who could afford to upgrade and were not interested in repaired or older equipment.
So shoot me a PM and maybe I can help.

live the dash, it's all you'll ever have.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook