SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Words fail me.

19K views 85 replies 39 participants last post by  primerate84 
#1 ·
Found on another site.

Wow. Just.... wow.

Wait for it....

BAM!

See less See more
#3 ·
OMG - It's Jack Sparrow's boat!

Didn't the Pilgrims land at Provincetown in something like that?

Just a bit of freeboard... Downwind, it probably does 4 knots in 8, under bare poles!

#6 ·
Um,

... CAN they sail that thing?

The boom is brushing the deck where, presumably, the tiller is. The gooseneck and boom are both lower than the railings!

I'd like to see this in >90° apparent at 10kts.

#12 ·
I know the guys who blocked those jacks under that boat! They were all wearing pointy hats and singing "Hi Ho! Hi Ho! It's off to work we go!" And this tall brunette was dancing with them, with bluebirds and field mice and all kinds of critters.

For little guys, they can really hold their beer, too!

#14 ·
Hey, don't knock it 'till you've tried it.

Cruisingdad is doing just fine in an almost identical model Catalina 400. In six months he's made it to another state already.

Just think how easy it is to grill from that poop deck!

:D :D :D :D

#15 ·
Hey, don't knock it 'till you've tried it.

Cruisingdad is doing just fine in an almost identical model Catalina 400. In six months he's made it to another state already.

Just think how easy it is to grill from that poop deck!

:D :D :D :D
Bad John! Bad! :D

If CD sees that post before he leaves he'll really be off his game!;)

#16 ·
Hehehehehe. :D :D :D

Actually, what I especially like about the pictured boat, is that custom cutwater extension for the bow thruster. Now THAT is impressive! I don't think that was available on CD's mass-produced Catalina 400 variant.

#23 ·
So I take it we can put you folks down for "not buying this boat," right?
I'm inclined to think it's intended as a floating condo and likely doesn't ever leave the dock. For which it is probably well designed. Usually I wouldn't criticize someone else's boat - figuring that what works for someone else doesn't need to be my cup of tea. But I really wonder how on earth that thing was put together like that and why. If it's a floating condo, why the dinghy davits? If it's meant to sail, why does the rig appear to be difficult to use? If it's meant to cruise, why is it so top-heavy?
So many questions.
So little time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.