SailNet Community - View Single Post - Block Island Trip
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010
Glad I found Sailnet

Bene505 will become famous soon enough Bene505 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlong9876 View Post
Hi All,

This is my first time posting here. I'm looking for suggestions on what to bring (cruising guides, etc) and where to stay for a fairly short trip from Sea Cliff to Block. We're tentatively scheduled to leave on June 10th and return on the 15th.

I've wanted to make the trip for a few years now but never got around to it. The more info I get, the better. I'll have my laptop tethered to my Blackberry for an internet connection so good websites would be very helpful too.

Thanks in advance. Michael
Michael,

We are on the hard in Sea Cliff too, at Brewers. (Ours is the Beneteau 50 right next to the flag pole in back.)

That might be the same date that we sail to Montauk. (The blessing of the fleet there is 6/13 if I remember correctly.) We should keep in touch. I have a ton of projects left to do, so the exact date is a bit uncertain still.

Block is fun. The anchorage can be a bit deep (50') but there are places to anchor that are more like 30', if it's not too crowded. I've seen an anchor slip a boat into another boat, so the holding is something to keep an eye on. Set your anchor and test it a bit with your engine in reverse. At least that's what I do.

Regards,
Brad
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people.
The best minds discuss sailing.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook