SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

WTF? Mercedes pop up

6K views 55 replies 29 participants last post by  eherlihy 
#1 ·
Anyone else issues with a Mercedes pop up ad? You can't close it (using IE or Chrome)

#2 ·
It is really an annoying ad...but closes just fine on Safari. :D

#3 ·
It closes with chrome but the sailnet page is dead and I can't click on new post.

#7 ·
After you think you have closed the flucking thing look carefully at the top of the page. In my case there is a blue bar with minimise maximise. You also need to close this bar.

I'll try and post a screen capture of the thing.

#4 ·
Really annoying ? Thats putting it mildly. Sure it closes OK using Firefox but it takes three clicks and the damnable thing is opening on every new page.

Admin had better get this sorted and sorted fast.

#11 ·
It seems like a hijack/virus. (Not saying it is -- but it's almost as bad as one.)

We have notified admin. Hopefully this will be resolved quickly. Sorry about the inconvenience. Bear with us.

#13 ·
WTF???? Where did THAT come from!

One of THE reasons that I frequented this place is that I could get the info that I wanted without much hassle... This changes that dramatically. I had to close the ad, click unread, close the damn ad again to see anything. You'll find me at Anything Sailing Forum until the MB ad goes away...

And DON't get me going on that fine German engineering crap... The best single thing that I've done in the last year was sell my 2000 Audi A6 for $5K. I put that toward a Toyota truck.

#34 · (Edited)
One of THE reasons that I frequented this place is that I could get the info that I wanted without much hassle... This changes that dramatically. I had to close the ad, click unread, close the damn ad again to see anything. You'll find me at Anything Sailing Forum until the MB ad goes away...
Ewww. I'll take the annoying ads thanks.

Heh-heh.

Seriously, dudes, enough with the threats to go someplace else at the slightest hiccup...unless it's "Victoria's Secret Sailing" - then I could understand. It's kinawiny. Just sayin'.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.