SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Yet Another Divorce Story

5K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  jpmpac 
#1 ·
Hello All;

In the midst of a marital meltdown and headed to Maryland for a new job. As I investigated places to live I stumbled upon Annapolis and decided to "get a life" and jump in to the sailing community.

I've got an offer in on a Tartan 3000 and will sail her up through the ICW of NC, through the Pamlico and Albermarle sounds up into the Chesapeake and eventually take up residence in Annapolis City Marina. If all goes according to plan, I'll be there at the end of July. I can't wait!!!

Sunsets to die for, bars and restaurants within walking distance, Wednesday night races and "taps" from the Naval Academy to put me to bed every night. Is there a better way to weather a divorce? I don't think so!!

Of course...I may have a different take on this come November!! :eek:

#2 ·
Welcome aboard. I have heard that the winters are not that bad and rather short and folks do live aboard.

#6 ·
It has a working head but...from what I've read it won't become a problem until late, late, late on a cold, cold, cold January night. Up until then I'm sure it'll work just fine! It's only a 30' boat so I'm pretty sure I can heat it with an oil immersion heater.

Looking forward to this more than I would ever have imagined!

#9 ·
Wecome aboard, jp. I've been where you are, between wives. In Ontario. On a Chris-Craft Sea Skiff. You have some big advantages.
Better climate.
Cheaper booze.
Proximity to jaded former White House interns who are no longer looking for Mr. Right, simply Mr. Right Now.
However there is a fine line between lovable charming eccentric who happens to live on a boat, and marina bum. Keep your boat clean , yourself clean, the sheets clean, and you, my friend, are golden.

#10 ·
yeah...this is #2 for me and there will NOT be a #3! Right now I just want to clear this job and take a month off to sail. If this marriage works..great (not looking good at this point) if not...I can definitely keep my sanity in Annapolis!

Thanks for the feedback and words of encouragement!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.