SailNet Community - View Single Post - new awlgrip for my old Alden, awlgrip color combinations that work questions?
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010
Midwest Puddle Pirate

US27inKS has a spectacular aura about US27inKS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharedwatch View Post
- agreed Dark Blue looks great. I'm not sure I'm ready to be that nervous docking a 20,000 lb dark blue hull however... The hull is extremely fair and doesn't look like it's changed shape at all in its (almost) 40 years.
I will say that the paint has been much tougher than I thought it would be. We have those hard white plastic bumpers on the docks. I regularly run into the dock and I have figured out that I'm better off without the fenders. The dock wipes off the paint with "Goof Off" and going into my 4th season I still have no scratches. In fact if you look closely at the bottom picture you can see a couple of small white streaks just below the cove stripe at the widest point of the boat. Those are from the dock, and next time I washed the boat they were gone. I've even torn the bumper off the front of my slip and scraped the bow against the wood with no scratch. Perfection is really tough stuff and I know Awlgrip is just as tough. If you have a concrete dock, all bets are off though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
John USYacht 27 "Cora Lee"
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook