SailNet Community - View Single Post - The Dream!!
Thread: The Dream!!
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2006

codmander is an unknown quantity at this point
Question The Dream!!

Hi Folks
This is my first post here, and we all know it starts with 'THE DREAM'
sailing the ocean watching the birds, whales,throwing the handline off the stern for a fresh fish dinner and anchoring near some paradise isle with the 1 in ten million sunset. well the bug finally got to me since I've been a commercail fisherman for the last 23 or so years(charter fish also) I have to say DANG I'M A STINKIN GREENHORN --LOL--never sailed a day in my life IS that going to stop me HECK NO!! I do have plenty of open water time (((years-n-years))
here are my thoughts first i need a boat since $$ is a big factor I probly could drum up about 25k for a sailboat I was looking at a 33' ranger older but seemed solid ((of course I would have to set it up to my likein)) so I figure once we have a boat should take 6 months to a year before I am ready
DESTINATION---I would have to say --SOUTH-- since I live on cape cod ((bout a mile from the big blue)) South is the direction WE want to go

this is as far as i got for now! ---mostly drueling for a light wind warm night offshore somewhere---I do HAVE A 22 FT BERTREM /honda 200 with the sale of that may help with the $$ for a decent boat.

Since ya all sail a lot what are some decent offshore sailboats?? say o 33/40 ft in length?????-----------o and whats a jib??-
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook