SailNet Community - View Single Post - Moving out
Thread: Moving out
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010

LauderBoy is on a distinguished road
> hoping its still there when i get the cash

Don't worry about that. For every boat leaving the market there's another one coming into the market or another one is having it's price dropped because it's been sitting around for awhile and the owner wants it gone.

I made an offer yesterday on a Pearson 323 and it was accepted. I spent months looking at boats. I did 14 hours of driving this weekend alone. For every boat I looked at I learned more and more about what I wanted in a boat and more importantly, what I didn't want in a boat: something that had been sitting around neglected for ages.

The boat I'm buying is actually one I looked at about a month ago. The price came down a little in his ads and when I called and talked he was able to bring it down to my range.

Look at a lot of boats. For myself, I decided to never make an offer right then and there. I wanted a "cool down" period where I could look over the photos and really let it sink in as compared to other boats I saw. I was surprised how often my mind would go back to the Pearson a few hours after looking at another boat and I couldn't be happier that I'll be owning it.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook