SailNet Community - View Single Post - New York City - Places to stay
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010

janmayen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to janmayen
Thanks fo the hints. The anchorage at whale creek might be it since the guy tolg me of passing a few bridges. I think I will first give this a try:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalebD View Post
... I'm fairly certain that you can also anchor above the 79th St. Boat Basin below 125th St or so.
NYC Parks Dept. also runs a small mooring field below Pier 40 that is a bit ...
Sounds good to me. If the anchorage is not nice just switching to a mooring and beeing more in the heart of life. NY seems not to be the cheapest part of my trip until now. :-) Is the 79th St. Boat Basin suitable as a port of entry aswell? I can't find a hint on its web site and CBP.gov - home page sems to list only Airports for "Ports of entry" in NY Area... funy because my cruising guide could be read in tow ways: Enter the port you want and call the customs / Enter in the official port of entry at Newport and call the customs... (the 2nd is not realy enroute to me since I did not come along the northern part of the north atlantic :-) )

Looking pretty much forward to the moment entering the US below the Statue of Liberty - must be one of the geatest moments in a european sailors life.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook