SailNet Community - View Single Post - Land transport on truck
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010

remetau is on a distinguished road
We did 5 years ago. We had our boat transported over land from Connecticut to Florida. I can't remember what we paid, but I’m thinking around $4k. We had it scheduled and were already to go, and then Katrina hit and gas prices shot up. Our scheduled trucker then canceled saying that our boat was too big for his trailer. We scrambled to find another truck on such short notice, and we ended up finding a great company that was about 2/3 the cost.

I recommend calling some companies and getting quotes. We used Great Lakes Marine Transit.

Before your boat is loaded onto the truck, make sure you have a valid copy of the trucker's MTC liability insurance in hand, and verify it will cover the value of your vessel. Make sure you understand all the fees on your contract as well. Some trucking companies will charge you an hourly rate if it takes more than a certain amount of time to load or unload your vessel - so scheduling and timing is critical.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook