SailNet Community - View Single Post - the head pump is harder to pump
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
I have found teh best thing for the rod is Pool grease. It works well and lasts quite a while. If you have a Wilcox, you can try to loosen the black plastic nut on top, but will probably cause it to leak a little. It is also very likely that the rubber ring on the piston is getting hard/swollen. This is very common as they age - especially on the cheaper toilets. You can prolong its life by adding oil... we use mineral oil. I guess we use about an 1/8 cup initial, then a light coating every week or so and certainly with every pumpout.

If that does not work, you may be due a replace or rebuild. Be aware that on the cheaper toilets the costs to replace the whole assembly usually runs only a few dollars more (relatively) than the rebuild kit and is a WHOLE LOT EASIER and with less mess.

Just some thoughts. Good luck with it.

Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook