SailNet Community - View Single Post - Can a Bristol 32 Circumnavigate?
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2006
Banned

seabreeze_97 is on a distinguished road
Oh lookie, lookie. I just got a reply from one Ted Brewer. He was so kind to take the time and answer my email. You see, with all these so-called informed opinions, I decided to ask a really experienced, proven professional. Proven....you know. America's cup boats, literally hundreds of other designs. Stuff like that. I asked him to give me his honest opinion, and that he not be concerned, that I would not be offended. This is his take on things.

"The Bristol 32 appears to be a very typical design of the mid-late 1960s, not unlike my Douglas 31 in many ways. I understand that the Bristols were quite well built and I feel that, given good condition, she should be able to undertake blue water voyages in safety and reasonable comfort. Good luck with her."

Fair Winds
Ted Brewer

Do a search and look up his credentials. I'd say he more than qualifies. Why dredge up a 2 1/2 year old thread? This is the first time I've looked. Why make it active? To set the record straight....with a little help from someone infinitely more qualified than myself. Can ya feel that? Huh? HUH?!?! HUH!??!?!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook