SailNet Community - View Single Post - College liva aboard
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010
Follow Me!

stevo39th is on a distinguished road
My apologies on the delayed response, I have been busy these past few days.

It would be nice if I could come across a boat someones parent bought for them. That would probably be ideal but considering the size of the town and lake it is unlikely I think.

Ideally I would like 30' boat from what I have read but as long as I have standing head room I think I would be fine. As long as I can stand up(im 5'10) than I will be good. Living in a small space is good with me. I wouldn't have any problem with that. One thing is that is the total of my budget. I have no intention of going into debt for this endeavor. This is one of my lifes goals. To remain debt free except for the purchase of a house. So ideally the boat would be around 6000 and in decent shape. I do realize this may be hard to come by.

I don't mind having to do some fixing up but I'm not sure what type of time I'll have for major fixes. I do plan on fixing what I can being that having someone else do it costs much more. Not to mention it makes me a more sufficient sailor being able to do it myself.

The boat I'll be looking for will be for sailing just as much as it will be for living. Eventually, perhaps right after I graduate I would like to move down to the coast. At that point I would like to have a 30' boat. Something along the lines of an Alberg 30.

If I were to end up not living in a boat what type of sailboat would be good to get for just day sailing? It would need be something that would help improve my skills for sailing a larger boat.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook