SailNet Community - View Single Post - Gulf of Mexico oil spill
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010

GraemeInCanada is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeelHaulin View Post
(which is why environmentalists are also against livestock consumption).
No they're not, that's just silly to propose. I realize there are some out there that do say something like that but it's not a sustainable idea. The thought process is much more that they would like to see much more sustainable practices and less production as there are far too many people that waste food. We don't need to have so many animals for consumption and it is much healthier to cut down the amount of red meat that is consumed.

Agreed on the stove though.. burning wood pellets in that particular stove is very efficient and has it's merits but is definitely not carbon neutral. You're still burning something, putting off toxins in the air. Not to mention the production of it, delivery (in bags made of oil for the most part) and the whole manufacturing process.

I get it though, it's pretty good and seems kind of attractive for a BBQ rather than straight charcoal or briquettes.

I see the spill has reached Florida now and will be heading up the east coast and probably south to the northern areas of cuba and all those nice little islands down that way.. what a shame. That's somewhere I would have really liked to go.