SailNet Community - View Single Post - Tiny Dehumidifiers
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010
If it's blowin' I'm goin'

TakeFive will become famous soon enough
I went to the boat for the first time in a few days. I checked the dehumidifier, and the reservoir was about half full - about a pint of water. This thing has no humidistat - it just runs constantly. I am quite pleased with this, as it is a little more than the DampRid canister was accumulating. And it's pure water instead of the DampRid's corrosive brine that I don't like having anywhere near my galley hardware. Plus, it seems to be sized to hold about a week's worth of condensate. It's too early to tell about long-term durability, and of course whether the amount is actually enough to make a difference vs. a "drop in the bucket" (so to speak). But so far it is meeting my expectations for a little $50 accessory.

No pics yet. It is a tall, skinny device (see specs on scan above), so potentially prone to tipping on a boat. I have it wedged between the front bulkhead of my aft berth and the berth cushion so that it will not tip. There still is no listing on the Home Depot website, so you need to go to the store to see it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)

Last edited by TakeFive; 06-04-2010 at 09:57 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook