SailNet Community - View Single Post - Anchor woes
Thread: Anchor woes
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdamiano View Post

The other problem is that we keep the boat on a mooring and the mooring lines chafe on the anchor if we install it.

Bob and Linda
Remove the anchor from the roller when on the mooring. This is a very common cause of pendants parting in storms. We have over 1200 boats in our anchorage and after each storm I try to view as many of the grounded boats as possible. Surprisingly many of the pendants are NOT parted at the bow chock but rather where the anchor chafed it. I only live down the street from my boat and the anchor comes off and goes in the locker when she is on the mooring. Generally speaking changing the roller will not help prevent chafe in a storm when the bow is pitching three or four feet up and down.

You're not the only one with these issues but one of the few with the common sense to actually consider the potential problems..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Last edited by Maine Sail; 06-06-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook