SailNet Community - View Single Post - Martha's vineyard
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010

janina30 is on a distinguished road
Martha's vineyard

Hi all - I am new to this site..... just looking to see if anyone has any tips for my first 2 wk excursion. Hopefully my 1977 catalina 30 will be up to the trip.

we are taking off out of old lyme marina on the 7/7 to a mooring at the watch hill boat yard. From there to Jamestown for the night of 7/8 where I have reserved a mooring as well at conanicut marina. 7/9 up to Cuttyhunk where I put a reservation in for a slip then on the 10th over to vineyard haven where I have a reservation through the 14th. On the 14th hope to sail around and spend a night in menemsha bight (weather cooperating), then over to block for a few and back to old lyme.

So questions I come up with - how rough is it from MV to BI and how long has it taken - I have the computerized maptech program but I would like some real time information?

2. menemsha sees like a bit of a hassle but worth it? is the only place for a 30' boat with a 6ft draft in the bight where it can be a bit choppy or is the pond deep enough

3. traveling east to buzzards bay - should i go all the way up to woods hole and track backwards to my slip at cuttyhunk or can i go through quicks hole pretty easily

thanks so much for all the interesting information I have already received just by checking out the posts!
-Stacey
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook