SailNet Community - View Single Post - Lightening Ground Fuse
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2006

Neicy is on a distinguished road
Hey guys, maybe I did not make proper reference. I quoted from the survey under "Remarks that apply to Maintenance".
#12) Lightning ground fuse is missing. Replace. My surveyor was CMS,AMS .
In addition my Dufour boat manuel says as follows: "The entire rigging is grounded by a metal strap connectin the forestay chain plate to the keel. Under normal conditions this circuit is cut by a lightening conductor fixed on the strap situated on the hull behind the main bulkhead. The lightening conductor bulb may be reached from the fore sole of the main cabin. The circuilts is only reestablished if there is an electric discharge of high intensity. This allows use of the rigging as antenna. The antenna connection to the backstay is made inside the inner lining." The piece in question is a black plastic electrical grounding terminal about 5-6" in length that is located under the sole floorboard in the bilge area. The fuse I am referring to is in this terminal and about 3" long. I have not been able to find it at any of the marine stores in my area. I have had the boat since last June and have been trying to bring everything up to snuff.
Does this change your opinion?
I have trouble finding anything to replace anything on this 30yr boat. I am also looking for a water filter replacement, and a manuel bilge handle replacement.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook