SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sonic 23
Thread: Sonic 23
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010

NSGhostrider is on a distinguished road

totally unfocused, yup I agree.

to be honest yes its my first purchase, I've been looking at a lot of boats to find one that is suitable for my needs and within my budget. I have a budget of 5,000.00 and want a sailboat for cruising not racing, maybe a weekend trip here or there. going to be sailing in the Atlantic coastal waters, nothing too far off shore ( most likely within sight of land). I know 5,000.00 is not a huge amount to spend on a boat but right now I'm caught between having the money to buy one and the concern about actually spending the money wisely. I really like the Mirage but I cant get my head around first time sailing on something that big but I dont want something too small either. I'm trying to find that perfect fit.

I really like the Tanzers but they are selling for same price as the Mirage, this Sonic is very similar to the Tanzers but cheaper. just looking for information to see if its a good deal or not. I have no one locally here to bounce questions off of, all my friends are power boaters and think sailing is a waste of time. two of the three yatch clubs are private memberships most of the members think that buying a used boat is below them. hard to approach them.

but thanks for the chuckle, I like that focus focus boy,, my wife would agree with that statement

somedays I feel like I could use some focus.

Last edited by NSGhostrider; 06-11-2010 at 04:15 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook